Monday, October 15, 2007

What I am doing about balding

balding

Yes, space cadet is going bald. I've noticed that whenever I pull out my hair band these days, take a shower, or use a brush, at least 100 hairs fall out. I leave a trail and mark my territory wherever I go.... class, home, bathroom, kitchen, other people's apartments. I look at old pictures of myself from high school and envy the long, thick, shiny dark brown hair I used to have. My ten year reunion is coming up and I don't want to be that chick who went bald. I don't mean to exaggerate, I know that I still have a lot of hair left, but the point is I used to have so much more. Maybe its years of stress, bad nutrition, wearing hats, smoking, living in a polluted environment, dyeing, blowdrying, etc.

I heard from a few aunties in India about a natural remedy for thinning hair that required rubbing the juice from half an onion and mixing it with 1 tablespoon of honey and leaving it on for an hour to overnight and shampooing it out. I found very little information on the internet and other people have tried it and there was a study done in the Middle East and half of the people tried the onion & honey treatment, and the other half had tap water. After a few weeks the group with the onion & honey showed new hair growth. I think its the sulfur in the onion that causes hair to grow.

I decided to give this thing a try, so if you see me around you'll know why I smell like a hoagie.

3 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! You are so brave to put up a pic of you balding. I say this, because I am also balding and I obsess about it everyday. Please post on your blog and let me know if the onion-honey combo works or seems to be working. I've heard that Aloe Vera is good for preventing hair loss, so I'm trying that. Will let you know if it works out. Good Luck!

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, like, this is INcredible. wow. i mean, just like, wow. i have the same EXACT dilemma. i'm dying to know, is it totally like still working?!??!??! you could totally like sell this product or something. or at least help me! heeheeheee :* could you like post more pictures so we could see the progression? i think weekly updates might be awesomely helpful. what does everyone else think?
highly optimisitc but still balding,
xoxo

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Trish said...

Hi spacecadet! Congrats on your once-again beautiful hair!! There was a 2002 study in the American Journal of Dermatology documenting the validity of plain onion juice spurring hair growth in something like 85 % of the study participants, so I'm game to try this as it obviously helped you! However, I seem to be the only one perplexed at the difficulty of culling onion "juice" out of this pureed half-onion. How on earth did you do this? And for how long did you leave it on your head? My hair thinning looks slightly less progressed than yours did, so it's hard to get it all over the scalp and then it was a humorous mess of diced onion bits all in my hair and all over my towels and bathroom floor. This can't be right! The study had these people putting onion juice on their heads twice a day! How did they get enough "juice" from the onion? I only got a couple of tablespoons and that's not enough to put on all the parts all over my scalp! Please respond and fill us in...thanx, space cadet! p.s....I love your introduction as your header about working with "smaller beings"...you sound like you have a great sense of humor. Please respond fast, girl!! Thanx....Fashiongal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home