Monday, June 11, 2007

My T9 snafu

We got our class pet, Nemo, the hermit crab last week (I wanted to name it Sebastian, but that’s another story). I don’t know much about hermit crabs, but knew there would be no one at school over the weekend to feed Nemo or wet his sponge, so I wrote an email to my kids parent’s (using my phone) and sent it out. Then after several odd responses from parents, i.e., “was that meant for us?” I finally checked my sent mail and realized what I wrote:

“Anyone interested in taking our arab home for the weekend?”

I know, it sounds bad, but really it was an honest mistake. See, I have my phone set to T9, or predictable type. . . and when you type 2722, ARAB comes up, not CRAB. Just thought you might want to know.

This is a cool T9 translator: http://www.t9.com

7 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Jerm said...

that's pretty funny.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Disgruntled Human said...

HAHAHAHAHA

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Disgruntled Human said...

Okay the disgruntled human is Deep...just take credit for my very original and thought provoking comment, "HAHAHAHAHAHA"

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is amusing...and one of the reasons I never use T9

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Rama Rama said...

This is sure up there with ghoti :-)

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Dev said...

Wait, by ghoti do you mean the cheap yet snobby Bengalis from Kolkata? I just typed in "ghoti" on T9 mode and got "hinti".... isn't that a Japanese anime character?

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Rama Rama said...

Different context :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghoti

 

Post a Comment

<< Home