Thursday, July 14, 2005

Space Cadet’s Bathtub Recordings

Some people like to sing in the shower, I have always preferred to play my guitar in the tub. There is something about those bathroom acoustics that make you sound so good (or at least THINK you do!) The bathroom is really the only place where one can truly be alone with their thoughts and “let loose.” I’m not talking about diarrhea but inhibitions.

I will miss my house when my mom and I move next month, and I will miss my tub especially. It’s an antique “claw foot” (popular in movie suicide scenes). For personal closure, I am doing a series of recordings here. The sound is buzzy and it’s poor quality, I mean it IS recorded on a phone in the tub!

I thought of a few names to call the series…
1) Restroom Recordings (I thought that sounded too “public toilet”)
2) Bathroom Recordings (didn’t have the cool alliteration)
3) Bathtub Blues (then I would have to commit to only one genre)

So I finally settled on Tub Tunes. The first of the series is a devotional song called “Mongol Deep Jeley” originally sang by Lata Mangeskar in a movie (forgot the name) I think it might have been called Earth or Mother. I played it at a puja a few years ago. The beat in the background is “Rock #6” on my Casio keyboard.

I can take requests (I guess) but I am really out of practice and my timing is super limited. But I hope you enjoy!

3 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, requests? i got one, back in the day you when you were just pickign up guitar and grunge was the way you palyed and sang a cool version of nirvana's something in the way.

-anik

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Rama Rama said...

I really think it would be super if you could do Dylan's "I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)" and maybe add some mealody to it. I think your voice is suited to songs like this.

http://www.bobdylan.com/songs/dontbelieve.html

Yes, its super depressing and stuck in my head at this point in the time space continuum...

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. maggie grace photo is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home