Monday, February 07, 2005

Things Overheard/ The Cell Phone Poem

As a service to my friends, who need a distraction at work, I decided to update my blog. Do you like the new layout and colors? I thought I was cool, until I went to Mush's site and realized that he used the exact same template!

Best things I overheard this week:

GHETTO GIRL BEAUTY ADVICE- At 40th and Lancaster, two teenage girls were walking down the street and recounting the details of a brawl.
Girl 1: "And then she bashed my face in."
Girl 2: "Use cocoa butter."

SATURDAY WITH MEATHEAD- Ok, this isn't technically "overheard" because he was talking to me while I was on the treadmill.
Trainer guy with no neck: "Some guys come in and think they can do half an hour of cardio and some bench presses and look like ME! (Laughs) I mean, you have to get ECCENTRIC with your workouts. It takes a lot of effort to look like this."
(The whole time I couldn't help but think how MUCH he sounded like Dolly Parton talking to Daryl Hannah in Steel Magnolias. I think Dolly said the exact same thing.)

SACRIFICE-
A woman at the gym: "Guess what I am giving up for Lent? Stress."

And as per request, here is the cell phone poem for anyone who didn't get the email. Luckily I was able to keep my number and get a new one from Verizon for free!

"Twas the week of Christmas
And I lost my cell
I knew trying to find it
Was gonna be hell.

I realized how I depended
On this little piece of metal
Then I remembered something else
And grew unsettled.

The bigger problem appeared
As I was coming out of slumber
Did I really do it?
Did I lose all my friend's numbers?

Oh yes its true!
I don't have it copied anywhere!
It isn't in any of my notebooks
Or organizing software!

Then I imagined some naughty punk
grinning from end to end
Ringing up my phone bill, or worse...
Prank calling all my friends!

So if you got a weird phone call
And I showed up on caller I.D.
Disregard it, please
Really, it wasn't me!

I am sorry for being abrupt
And I know this email is mass
But if I didn't disconnect soon
Verizon would charge up the a**

So if you tried to call me
And wondered what's the matter?
Now you know the reason why
I couldn't chit-chatter.

1 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Fly said...

Are you trying to say that the new colors and template are less cool cus I have it on my blog? I've been using it for almost a year now.

I can't help it if I have an eye for quality. I'm just cool, I'd try to be more uncool but that's like asking Chris Rock to stop being funny. It could happen, but it would take way too much effort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home