Sunday, April 10, 2005

A Cosi conspiracy

It doesn't matter which location I go to, lately I have been noticing a peculiar trend at the Cosi sandwich/coffee shops. I have noticed that all the waitstaff at Cosi are young trendy girls or skinny gay boys. Then you look BEHIND the counter and notice that all the non-waitstaff, meaning the people making the salads and sandwiches, are all older and bigger black men with gang tattoos.

Now, I don't want to accuse Cosi of employee discrimination or anything, (like in that Seinfeld episode where Elaine was salty because she found out all the big-breasted waitresses at the diner were the owner's daughters) but what gives? Has anyone else noticed this?

2 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Dev said...

Yeah, its a lot like Au Bon Pain-type food and coffee but with slightly better ambiance. I agree, the coffee is overpriced but I am a sucker for their salads. And I don't even really love salads.

Rockstar said off the record that the sandwich makers might be part of one of those programs that let ex-inmates back into society to work at low-paying jobs.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Fly said...

Truth is for many of these rehabilitated individuals being on the outside is tough enough as is. Personally I think ex-cons shouldn't have lower paying jobs just based on their records, but if they need time adjusting, then maybe making space cadet a salad isn't a bad start.

The truth is, money isn't the cure-all. Prison doesn't ensure any kind of rehabilitation what these people need is self-worth and that comes with improving who they are. Sure put em in a low-pressure job, but give em a chance to move up.

I've wanted to commit several crimes over the course of my life...but I've only committed some of them. Why? Cus I'm not entirely psycho. If you are gonna go out and rob a bank just cus you are stuck making some spaced out philly chick a sandwich then well you obviously need some more rehabilitation anyway.

On the note of High School girls. Start blogging on Xanga...its full of em.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home