Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Radiohead's Comlag



Am I the last rh fan on Earth to hear this album? Seriously, I feel like I lost major "fan cred." I don't know when it was released, but I didn't hear it till Tuesday when I was sitting at the Green Line Cafe in West Philly.

I could tell Thom Yorke's voice right away, but doubted it could be rh, cuz they are my favorite band and I have every album but never heard that particular recording before. So I asked the barrista who said it was only released in downloadable form and in Japan. And he said the album was Comlag and it was in fact Radiohead.

"WHAAAT?" I leaned over and shouted over music, traffic, conversations and coffee machines. "Comlag" he said quietly, "com, like dotcom and lag (he pauses) like...."

"Like a lag in time." We said this in unison. I looked up at his eyes. "C-O-M-L-A-G" he spelled it out as Thom sang in the background. It was awesome.

Why do underpaid yet knowledgeable barristas with good taste in music have to be so sexy?

3 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Krakovianka said...

Someone's got a cruuuuush... heeee...

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger rockstarandtheniff said...

I'd rather be overpaid and sexy. 2 for 2!

I get crushes on girls that serve me food or girls that work at registers. I never met a waitress I didn't get a crush on (unless she's beastly). Is that weird? Whenever I leave a handsome tip I draw a giant heart on the bill. Hopefully that makes her day.

- Rockstar
of rockstar and the niff fame

P.S. If Radiohead sang a song about camels, would your head explode?

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Goomba said...

There's a sexy and underpaid register girl working at the Best Buy around here too. One day I'll let her ring up my gigantic LCD TV and tell her to come over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home